Where to get gaskets?

Methuselah

New member
Where do you guys get the following gaskets:

1) Throttle body to upper intake
2) Upper intake to lower intake
3) Lower intake to heads (stock)

Also, whats the point of the plate on the throttle body?

While Im at it, whats the stuff on the underside of the throttle body for? There is a sensor plug jack I unplugged and some hose fittings that arent used.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Methuselah on 2002-01-14 13:35 ]</font>
________
Pissing mouth
 
Last edited:

myclone

Donating Member
On 2002-01-14 13:25, Methuselah wrote:
Where do you guys get the following gaskets:

1) Throttle body to upper intake
2) Upper intake to lower intake
3) Lower intake to heads (stock)

Also, whats the point of the plate on the throttle body?

While Im at it, whats the stuff on the underside of the throttle body for? There is a sensor plug jack I unplugged and some hose fittings that arent used.

Gaskets are available at the dealer.

The "sensor" that you most likely unplugged is the IAC (Idle Air Control) valve. Its kinda important so you might wanna plug that back in..

The hose fittings arent used on our trucks. The TB is used on TPI F bodies and had coolant hoses connected to keep the TB from icing during cold weather and poss help warm up a tad (Im guessing on that part).

What plate on the TB??? You talking about the one on top with the torks screws holding it on?? If so I think thats just to seal off the IAC passage in the TB. Thats a guess though. Never really thought about why it was there myself.
 

Methuselah

New member
>Gaskets are available at the dealer.

I was hoping to never have to buy anything from the dealership again. The bastards charge $15 for a small tube of silicone sealant that cost me $2 at Farm n' Fleet!

>The "sensor" that you most likely >unplugged is the IAC (Idle Air Control) >valve. Its kinda important so you might >wanna plug that back in..

The IAC...of course. I have no intention of leaving it unplugged...I had to unplug it to take my throttle body off.

>The hose fittings arent used on our >trucks. The TB is used on TPI F bodies and >had coolant hoses connected to keep the TB >from icing during cold weather and poss >help warm up a tad (Im guessing on that >part).
I ran across this in another post as well.

>What plate on the TB??? You talking about >the one on top with the torks screws >holding it on?? If so I think thats just >to seal off the IAC passage in the TB. >Thats a guess though. Never really thought >about why it was there myself.
Yes I am and ok.

Thanks myclone.....other sources for these gaskets would be appreciated though.
________
HONDA CBR600RR HISTORY
 
Last edited:

myclone

Donating Member
I havent tried to buy anything from this guy yet but there is a fellow sy/ty person on here that works at a GM dealer that can get you most anything at a pretty good price. I cant recall his name or addy right off but someone will chime in, Im sure, with how to get in touch with him.

Another place to poss try is gmpartsdirect.com

If you need the part #s lemme know and I can prolly look em up for you (gmpartsdirect needs part #s for vehicles that are as old as ours). You might do a search a 93 Ty on there also. It would be the same part/gasket.

HTH..


Oh yeah, one more thing... The TB to upper intake is a stock TPI gasket and the lower intake to eng gasket is nothing special either so it can purchased at a chain store with no prob (advanced, autozone, etc). I dont recall what year TPI car our TB is used on though. Sorry.. Gettin old sucks ya know. :roll:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: myclone on 2002-01-14 18:43 ]</font>
 
Top