Osmosis
New member
I am currently pulling my transmission out of my 1993 GMC Typhoon. Will any 4L60E tranny work or is the transmission I have specific to a certain year?
The reason I ask is that I have found two very low milage transmissions 4L60E out of a Z2 S10 and a regular S10. Unsure of the year on both of them as of now, but just considering these two transmissions as they are around the cost of a good rebuild kit. Granted I know I have to change or swap my Corvette servo into the new transmission if I get one of these two. Other than that, are they a direct swap with my transfer case and electrical connections?
Thanks for the help :tup:
The reason I ask is that I have found two very low milage transmissions 4L60E out of a Z2 S10 and a regular S10. Unsure of the year on both of them as of now, but just considering these two transmissions as they are around the cost of a good rebuild kit. Granted I know I have to change or swap my Corvette servo into the new transmission if I get one of these two. Other than that, are they a direct swap with my transfer case and electrical connections?
Thanks for the help :tup: