Walked a Terminator

Aeroking

e.i.
I had my truck out for the first time this weekend. Went to a couple car shows and cruising around. Had a red Terminator convertible pull up and we did a run from 75 to 120+. And i just kept pulling away, i lifted at about 5 car lengths.

Younger guy, dark red Cobra convertible, charcoal wheels, stick shift.

This was great, cause everytime i have the truck out, i find no races.



Then i had my G8 out, and got dusted by a C6 ZR1, i lifted at 125 and he was well over 10 cars ahead.
 

Baythan

SY2TY2SY2TY
Re: Walked a Terminator

Can't believe I had to look that up. :roll: Happens to be my favorite Cobra body style.

Wiki:
Debuting in early 2002, the 2003 Cobra, codenamed "Terminator" by the SVT development crew, and quickly fell into common usage for the 2003/04 Cobra, came with a supercharged 4.6 L DOHC engine.Numerous improvements were made to the powertrain and driveline to handle the increase from the previous model year. A cast iron block was used instead of aluminum, with stronger internals, including forged Zolner pistons and Manley H-beam connecting rods that were modified with a wrist pin oiling hole by the SVT engine builders. These upgrades were critical in order to support the 8 psi (0.55 bar) of boost delivered from the stock Eaton M112 roots supercharger. Other improvements include the use of an aluminium flywheel connected to a Tremec T-56 six-speed transmission, 3.55:1 rear axle ratio and stronger 31 spline half shafts with revised upper and lower control arms. These modifications launched the Cobra from 0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds and the quarter mile in the high 12's at over 110 mph (180 km/h). Some have gone as low as 12.4 seconds with a professional driver and good conditions in stock form
 

killa66cam

RIDIN DIRTY
Re: Walked a Terminator

It is a commonly referenced term for those cars. I guess some of you Sy/Ty guys don't know as much about the mustang community...and for good reason. I have spent most of my life in a town that believes that the only performance vehicle worth having is a mustang...so I pretty much hate all mustangs now. And when they get beat by something, they always bring up getting a terminator mustang. It is a nice performer, probably the best stock mustang to date, but not unbeatable. Sorry for the rant. Just not a mustang fan.

Cam
 

T-Bone

Active member
Re: Walked a Terminator

Ummm, if you had 5 lengths on a Terminator (03-04 Cobra) from a 70-120 sprint, you should have a SyTy Big Gun moniker under your forum name. I could see 5 lengths from 0-50 but Terminators are deadly from a roll. Just sayin if you did what you said, you should also easily have a 10 sec truck so throw up a timeslip and join the Big Guns.
 

ziembic

Donating Member
Re: Walked a Terminator

Ummm, if you had 5 lengths on a Terminator (03-04 Cobra) from a 70-120 sprint, you should have a SyTy Big Gun moniker under your forum name. I could see 5 lengths from 0-50 but Terminators are deadly from a roll. Just sayin if you did what you said, you should also easily have a 10 sec truck so throw up a timeslip and join the Big Guns.

I believe he just got this truck together after breaking something. I wouldn't doubt that he has a fast truck, just not a lot of time to get to the track.
 

420

Broke Ass Racing
Re: Walked a Terminator

That's a pretty solid run. The Verts are a bit heavy, but none of them were slow by any means. Good kill!
 

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: Walked a Terminator

Ummm, if you had 5 lengths on a Terminator (03-04 Cobra) from a 70-120 sprint, you should have a SyTy Big Gun moniker under your forum name. I could see 5 lengths from 0-50 but Terminators are deadly from a roll. Just sayin if you did what you said, you should also easily have a 10 sec truck so throw up a timeslip and join the Big Guns.

It's believable, I believe Brandon has 72 mm turbo under his hood.
 

It's just a six

Super Member
Re: Walked a Terminator

Nice kill.:tup:

Now look on some Mustang/Ford forum to see if he posted his loss. Should be interesting what he had to say why he lost, if he posts it @ all.
 

T-Bone

Active member
Re: Walked a Terminator

Yup, I'm a newbie! I don't really know what this means. Can someone please explain. Thanks.

Cam

Cam, a "newbie" is one who has recently joined a forum and has yet to prove his knowledge regarding the forum topic of discussion. A "newbie" can also be a person who is a novice regarding a particular task as well. Hope that explanation helps you better understand now.
 

T-Bone

Active member
Re: Walked a Terminator

Sorry about post 15.....I just had to do that :).


Ok Cam, a Big Gun is descriptive of a person who takes their SyTy through the 1/4 in an elapsed time of 10.99 or better.
 

BoostedSUV

Active member
Re: Walked a Terminator

Cam, a "newbie" is one who has recently joined a forum and has yet to prove his knowledge regarding the forum topic of discussion. A "newbie" can also be a person who is a novice regarding a particular task as well. Hope that explanation helps you better understand now.

I think he wanted an explanation of what the "syty big guns" are :rotf:



Nice kill Brandon, My good friend has an 04 cobra (Terminator) with a pulley, tune, and heat exchanger. It's a monster and runs high 11's on drag radials through the exhaust. I agree with what's stated above, if you beat it by 5 car lenths I want to see a 10 second time slip or his post saying he missed a shift :tup:
 

sy605

Member
Re: Walked a Terminator

Ummm, if you had 5 lengths on a Terminator (03-04 Cobra) from a 70-120 sprint, you should have a SyTy Big Gun moniker under your forum name. I could see 5 lengths from 0-50 but Terminators are deadly from a roll. Just sayin if you did what you said, you should also easily have a 10 sec truck so throw up a timeslip and join the Big Guns.

Def should be a 10-11 sec. truck. :2cents:
 
Top