vortech "aftercooler"

darkchylde

New member
Has anyone checked into the Vortech aftercooler being applied to our trucks? I'm mostly interested in the heat exchanger before the throttle body. The only other option I've seen is the ATR piece, but the only spec they give is "roughly twice the core volume". Twice the core volume in the same space tells me twice the restriction, and if the unit is even bigger than factory its even more in the way than the factory one (anyone who's ever changed the rear pcv valve know what I'm talking about). Putting the intercooler somewhere else would be great (like where the battery is). I've sent an email to Vortech but they havent responded yet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkchylde on 2002-02-20 17:35 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkchylde on 2002-02-20 21:59 ]</font>
 

xcaliber

New member
I read in the ATR catalog or somewhere that the ATR also flows a whopping 10% beter than stock with ruffley twice the core volume.
Just by physically looking at the Vortec unit, I doubt you would have room, it would have to go on the pass side and is a lot longer than our unit, by the time you rna tne piping I would think the back of the unit would be into the condinser, you would have to delete all AC, i think, keep in mind the "ithink" part.

Jamie Sanders
sy 0252
Heber Springs AR
 

sy1765

New member
there is a badass turbo mustang in central florida w/ one. he has what i think is an 8" cowl hood that still rubs. there is no room under the hood of our trucks. i agree w/ jamie about the placement. that would be more of a 1/4 mile only piece.
 

hamrhead

Donating Member
If you're looking to free up some space, yank the Liquid/air intercooler and get an air2air. Simple & Efficient.
 
Top