I've seached for a thread to answer this question but haven't been able to find one. Anyway for a stock truck is it better to stick with the AC CR42TS's or go to the NGK UR5's? Thanks
Depends on the person you talk to and what the phase the moon is in.
I have not heard anything bad about running the UR5s on a stock truck. Everyone I have talked to or read about has had great luck with them. I will be trying them on my Ty here very soon - just waiting to run the Top Engine Cleaner first.
A lot of people (myself included) say the UR5 gives a smoother idle. I didn't notice a huge difference, but it did seem to run a little smoother. NGKs seem to be a bit easier to get around here too for some reason...
I am running UR6XI's. Got about 5,000 miles on 'em. I really can't tell the diff. They were in when I ran a Datamaster recorded 13.66 @ 100 mph with my stock Ty. (101 octane and a cool morning.) I replaced a good set of AC's when I put them in. I guess I'll see how long they last.
I ran the stock CR42TS strictly up until a month ago when I deceided to give the UR5s a try. They did smooth out the idle a little and other wise perform like the CR42TS (which is good) Stable under boost.....blah.....blah.......blah and they are easier to find around the Denver area. I would say give em a try to anyone that has not.