TV Cable gasket & bolt

THEMADTYPH00N

Active member
Is there a gasket where the TV cable enters the trans? If so what is the part # or where do I get one. Also the bolt that holds the cable to the trans as gone off to the SyTy abyss. Does anyone know what size it is? I know it has a 10mm head but I'm unsure of the thread pitch. I'm guessing its something metric.
 

jwaller

Evil Genius/SyTy Guru
Re: TV Cable gasket & bolt

yes there is a gasket. dunno the part number. most any trans repair shop should have handfulls of them laying around. cant help you on the bolt pitch of thread but it is def metric
 

George Blake

DONATING MEMBER
Re: TV Cable gasket & bolt

Gimme your address and I'll give you a seal.
That bolt usually strips out. You may want to try a corse thread screw that is a tad bigger than the bolt that was in there and see if you can catch some aluminum.
 

97 CAIVIAROSS

Cubes or PSI Which 1 2day
Re: TV Cable gasket & bolt

I have the new GM seal out in the garage in the wrapper if you want the part number or you can just take George up on his offer. I do believe it is a 10mm bolt. Sorry can't help you on the thread pitch.
 

SY2932

Administrator
Re: TV Cable gasket & bolt

The bolt is a M6-1.0 X 20MM. FWIW, that hole is a "blind" hole (it doesn't go all the way through) so you could chase the threads with a tap to clean them up if necessary. Then carefully blow/suck out all the chips.
 

THEMADTYPH00N

Active member
Re: TV Cable gasket & bolt

SY2932 said:
The bolt is a M6-1.0 X 20MM. FWIW, that hole is a "blind" hole (it doesn't go all the way through) so you could chase the threads with a tap to clean them up if necessary. Then carefully blow/suck out all the chips.

Thanks. I just figured this out tonight. I went to the hardware store and got 3 metric bolts that looked about right. Then found the one that fit.
 
Top