Transmission Cooler Question

hatrik8

Donating Member
I have a tranny cooler, that came on the truck when I bought it. How do I know if it is working without having a transmission temperature gauge? Is there a way I can figure out if it's doing the job?

How exactly does it work? Does it just cycle the transmission fluid up to the cooler in the front and then back down to the transmission?

Any input would be helpful.
 

Ian Turgeon

Cascading Inspiration
Re: Transmission Cooler Question

2 possibilities depending on how its installed

its either alone, or in series with the stock cooler,

if Its alone the trans fluid routes from the trany through it and back into the tranny.
if its in series with the stock radiator (theres a trans cooler built into it) then it will likely go into the stock rad first, then into the auxillary cooler then back into the tranny.

If nothings broken I wouldnt worry too much, only way to see how well its working is to put a temp gauge inline.
 
Top