Torque on Lug Nuts?

Lew

New member
Yeah, I should know.
I don't have any manuals handy.
I don't want to err and mess things up.
Thanks in advance,
Lew
 

Loeryder

New member
My bad, I was looking at 2wd.

The 4wd specs are 100ft/lbs, but I'd imagine with aluminum wheels and being street only driven 90 ft/lbs is just fine.

Thanks for the head's up...
 

Loeryder

New member
Its actually 95 ft/lbs. I just looked it up in my manual. It's on page 6-58 if anyone cares.

What manual are you using?
Because that's not what page 3E-1 of the Syclone/Typhoon Supplement says...
100 ft/lbs in there.
 

THEMADTYPH00N

Active member
I got the 95 ft/lbs from this manual

ags.sized.jpg

agt.sized.jpg


But now that I look at it they are probably talking about a regular Jimmy. So I went and got out my Typhoon Supplement.

agu.sized.jpg

agv.sized.jpg


You had it right in the begining Jas, looks like 90 ft/lbs is the right number. (Sorry in advance for all the large images.)
 

Loeryder

New member
It doesn't really surprise me that the SyTy info is contradicting at every turn.

Imagine what the mechanics were taught, if they ever even got to see the drivability videos or any of that.

Anyhow, I've been using 90ft/lbs all along on the soft stock alum wheels with no problems.
On the ZO6 wheels I will try 100ft/lbs using adapters and all.
 
Top