stock syty block question

smeagol

Active member
Same as 4.3 blocks of that era (88-91). Just don't use any of the newer blocks with the balance shaft in 'em, as rumor is they are weaker, and from what I've seen, I believe it.

Whooops... almost broke into a Huey Lewis song..

BG
 

SPiN

Member
I will try and find this list somewhere...

off the top of my head, the newer blocks dont use the iron nodular mains.
 

RAACCR

Member
You can use any non-balance shaft 4.3 hydraulic roller block. Only the SyTys (and some HD applications, such as marine engines)had nodular main caps. But, if you're doing the popular 4 bolt splayed cap upgrade, the original cap material becomes a non-issue.
 

TurboManiacal

Donating Member
On 2001-12-21 15:21, RAACCR wrote:
You can use any non-balance shaft 4.3 hydraulic roller block. Only the SyTys (and some HD applications, such as marine engines)had nodular main caps. But, if you're doing the popular 4 bolt splayed cap upgrade, the original cap material becomes a non-issue.

What if the balance shaft were removed and the holes filled? I maybe talking out my but here...but hell we all know that's easy for me to do...
 

jwaller

Evil Genius/SyTy Guru
you can use any 4.3L even the balance shaft motors....leave it or take it out doesnt matter...it's all the same...if you take it out then you can use the regular cams...
 
Top