Stock stall

Andreas

New member
Is it 2200 or 2400 on stock TC?

I got byers for my two stock TC´s that are willing to pay good money for them so I'm tempted selling them and getting a Hughes 22-30L that many speaks so good of. Running stock Turbo for now, probably the whole season, but gone get me a pte 52 or 54 kit when the money account allows it (autum). I've read that the Hughes actully gets a stall around 2800 with the torque thats in our trucks. Would it be a bad idea with the Hughes 3000 (2800) rated stall with the stock turbo. I use my truck not just for racing, mostly I just cruise around. 3000 maybe too much stall for a driver?

Someone running 2800-3000 stall TC with stock turbo?
 

SY2932

Administrator
I'm running a Hughes 3K TC in my truck with stock turbo and I have NO complaints whatsoever. At cruise, I can go from vacuum to 15 pounds of boost in about one second... My best ET below in my signature below was ran last year with it. However I have a built transmission so, that is part of the equation too. A higher stall TC will increase stock turbo performance (stock TC stalls at around 2100 RPM). If you aren't running a transmission cooler, it is MANDITORY with a high stall converter. I am looking forward to see how my truck performs later this year after I get my PTE Stealth turbo bolted up. Hughes TC install how to here: http://www.syty.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=40675
 

Andreas

New member
Mike, I can't belive I missed that you run the stock turbo !
I've read that thread acouple off times, my bad.

I've got a build tranny, cooler and no TC cover.

The tranny shifted incredible hard on all gears ( I mean REALLY hard) with the new tranny with the stock 2100 TC, perhaps thats why I got to have new band and clutches already.
 

SY2932

Administrator
Andreas said:
Mike, I can't belive I missed that you run the stock turbo !
I've read that thread acouple off times, my bad.

Heh, it's one of those subtle things that let's me know who's paying attention :wink: ... Sounds like you are all set to run a higher stall torque converter, if the shifting was *too* firm, perhaps your TV cable was not adjusted properly. That will kill a transmission in short order if it's not.
 
Top