Starter heat shield?

PPI Typhoon

DIY Madman
Well, I just installed my second starter in 2 months. The first one just went dead on me. The second started crapping out on me when it was hot. So now I'm looking into a heat shield. I've looked at the one from Jegs, but has anyone done this? Anyone else had problems with their starter dying from the heat of the manifold?

Any suggestions would be great

Thanks,
 

Richard Le

New member
I had my starter wrapped in a heat shielding blanket shortly after I bought my truck back in mid '98. My starter is still working fine to this day. I have yet to experience the notorious click-no-start symptom.
 

Daron

Active member
I replaced my dead starter some years back with an ACDelco replacement and added a heat shield, havent had a problem since. I have also done a Corvette, and the heat sheild worked great on it too...
 
Top