sneeze valves

syclone#2659

Donating Member
how much are sneeze valves? i need to rebuild my turbo and i dont want it to go to hell again so will this help the life of it? the turbo is very well cooled by the stock intercooler and a separate aux cooler with a atr boost a pump......my lines are ice cold all the time.
 

20psiGMC

Member
"Sneeze valve"... I like that. I assume you mean a Blow Off Valve (BOV). The debate rages as to whether they are worth the investment or not. Do a search on "BOV" and you'll come up with more reading material than you can stand. Decent BOV's currently start around $200 to $250. There is a group purchase on right now for the HKS BOV - check the group purchase forum.

HTH,
 

BigDaddyRich

New member
Blow off valves are definitely a plus if you do a turbo upgrade or want ur OEM turbo to last longer. IT relieves the Pressure in the system once you release ur foot off the gas. So boost isnt just sitting around not getting used. I highly recommend.
 

myclone

Donating Member
On 2002-01-31 19:14, Euroclydon wrote:
"Sneeze valve"... I like that. I assume you mean a Blow Off Valve (BOV).

"Sneeze valve" has been around a LONG time. Started when ppl discovered N2O and were blowing up intakes/carbs/blowers. Ya ever seen a blower (Im talking 6-71 or bigger) or N2O car "sneeze" on the launch? Not a pretty sight when no sneeze valve is used. Takes the track ppl a half hour to clean up the scattered parts and put out the fire.. :eek:

Its the term most familiar to us "old school" farts that still have some engines laying around that top 500cid. :grin: :wink:
 
Top