rollin' double wide

7dhamper

New member
Is a BFG Radial TA in 295/50SR16 too wide for the 16X8" rims? I know the came with a 245/50ZR16 but BFG says that the 295 fits a 8-10" wide rim. I just don't want to peel it off the rim durring hard cornering! What is the widest tire anyone here has used on their factory rims? How did it work out?
 

SY732

New member
Wow the 295/50/16 is a tall tire 27.6"
wide too 12.2" will it fit on the front,
or are you going to run another tire on the front?

If BFG says 8-11, it should work, back in the day wee put 295's on the rear of my buddies S-10, I think that was a 8 or 9" rim
 

7dhamper

New member
I have a 5/4 drop on my '89 GMC and I'm tired of scraping frame! I figured that this tire on my IROC rims would be nice when I take off the 18" Z06 rims I'm planing on getting. It is about the same height and a little wider then the back will be on the 10 1/2" rim with the 9 1/2" on the front. The 295's will be my winter tires. But won't they peel right off the side wall when I corner at 50 MPH? I will get the 265's instead! If anyone has ever had a tire this wide on their stock 16X8 rims before please tell me how it worked out. Thanks, Joe
 
Top