Removing PCV's

Hu Ryde

Donating Member
Would removing the PCV's and getting a vac pump or another device to flow air be wise?
 

Hu Ryde

Donating Member
I wasn't planning on doing this just trying to get some ideas incase I wanted. What would be the difference if we pulled the PCV system and put a breather in it's place on both sides? I have heard that doing this will increase the chance of a manifold seal blow out is it true?
 

CLONE

New member
http://www.aera.org/Techside/positivecrankcaseventilation.htm

That URL has some decent explanations

As for what works on a sy/ty and what doesn't, a lot depends on what your use for the vehicle is. What works on a truck that sees only trailers and drag strip's doesn't necessarily work on a truck that sees 20k street miles a year. Tyler, Ivan and others have posted many times on syty.net and syty.org on the sy/ty PCV system and how to modify it for regular street use.

If you want to get into creating a vacuum in the crankcase to promote ring seal and more HP, that's a different situation alltogether.
 
Top