Rear Diff gasket part number?

red-y2k-l

New member
Does anyone have the part number? Can i get the gasket somewhere else other that at the dealer? Can i even get it at the dealer?

Thanks,
miguel
 

newtyguy

New member
Re: Rear Diff gasket part number?

Fel pro makes one, any local parts store will have it. And if you tell the guy that its a syclone and he looks at you like your stupid, just ask for a gasket for a sonoma with an 8.5 ring gear, its the same gasket.
 
Re: Rear Diff gasket part number?

Actually, 8 1/2" diffs never came in Sy's or Ty's. They were originally a rear end for a full size truck, and were never put into the S/T series trucks until about.....98 or 99 (with the introduction of the ZR2 pickup. They were later put into SOME of the ZQ8/Extreme pickups. All Sy's and Ty's got the 7 1/2" diff, and the correct GM part number for the rear diff gasket is 26016661. Every GM dealer in existence should have this gasket in stock. I don't know what the Fel-Pro or any other aftermarket part number is, cause.......well, GM Parts is what I do for a living.

You'll have to forgive my rambling. I just saw the thread title with the words "part number" and I couldn't resist. It's like a mating call!
 

newtyguy

New member
Re: Rear Diff gasket part number?

ohhh sorry, misprint on my part you are correct they do have 7 1/2 ring gears. sorry
 
Top