Pushrods

stariy

New member
I’ve heard that Sy pushrods aren’t strong enough to run over 4800 RPM, Where can I get stronger pushrods? Are there any tricks to install? Will I need new lifters? :???:

Thanks
 

myclone

Donating Member
On 2002-04-09 18:40, stariy wrote:
I’ve heard that Sy pushrods aren’t strong enough to run over 4800 RPM, Where can I get stronger pushrods? Are there any tricks to install? Will I need new lifters? :???:

Thanks

Just get push rods for a factory roller cammed small block chev (yes, you'll have a few extras). Same part. Comp cams has some good ones as do crane and crower.

Jegs or Summit has em.
 

myclone

Donating Member
Buster said:
Is this true? It'd be just my luck, I installed the stock push rods in my motor.

Mark L

Depends on what kinda valve springs your using and what RPMS youre spinning the eng. IMO (repeat IMO and I stress its just my OPINION) the stockers are fine with a stock cam lift or stock spring pressure up to maybe 5300-5400 RPM. Not really a big deal since at that RPM you have long since ran outta cam with the stocker and the eng falling off its power peak..... and has been for ~500RPM.

So, the push rods arent the weak link IMO at stock RPM levels with the stock valve train. If you up the RPM with more cam then you will need (or should have) better springs. This would warrant better push rods then, IMO.
 
Top