propane injection

T

typhoon699

Guest
would this be a good investment i read about it cools ure air down to -45 degrees and is more efficient than alcohol and raises the octane level to 110.plus u dont have to refill it all the time. a bottle of propane would last about a week or two.
 

TheObiJuan

Active member
A friend of mine has VR4 and their crowd (3000 GT VR4'S DODGE STEALTH TT'S) really enjoys the effects of it. -45(???) I tsignificantly drops the ambient temperature, however it does not act as an octane booster, rather it just lowers the temperature where an octane fuel would withstand higher heat to detonate. Think of it as a liquid injected intercooler. It is much more efficient and cheaper too. I would love to hear what some of the more knowledgeable elders think of this...Daron, SyTyJedi, 4CFED,MYCLONE,JWALLER, GHETTOSLED, DR GONZO,TookyCat, and the most knowledgeable reddogg(lol)
Or should I just stick with the SMC kit as it has been proven to be benificial and reliable?

p.s. Sorry if i left anyone out...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheObiJuan on 2002-04-08 21:34 ]</font>
 

phoonTy

Truckless. For now.
Propane? really? All I've ever heard of runnin propane are diesels. Makes a dramatic difference in the way they run. Never heard of using propane with a gasoline setup.
 

SyTyJedi

Jedi Council
There is a guy in the Supra community that is experimenting with this setup and turning out some awesome numbers. A few in the DSM crowd are doing it too. While it is nothing new, it is becoming more mainstream.

It's a fuel and it's cold (-40*F or so) so it makes big power.

The site is down right now, but I'll check back asap and get a link to a thread with lots of good info posted, as well as a link to the site of the shop that is doing some installs.

HTH!
 

TheObiJuan

Active member
i actually did not want to see this post die so soon. can anyone else fill in some more data? is there anyone developing a kit for us?
 
All I know is there is a 10 second 2001 Viper GTS that runs here in Orlando, that has a NOS kit with propane injection. I don't know how much it costs, but I heard around $2500. Maybe they have this kit on NOS' website? HTH,
 

10secTy

Sy-Ty builder and Tuner
Hmmm I would like more info if anyone has any other links please post them. I wounder if a guy could make his own using the Bosch 160 injectors as they are made for propane. Then use the Nitrous control on my Felpro to control the sytem.hmmmmm interesting :-?

Thanks

Nolan
 
E

ekool

Guest
Re: Another Supra Guy!

Re: Another Supra Guy!

SyTyJedi said:
ekool said:


This is the "supraforums" guy I was referrring to. Welcome Ekool! There are no 17 second timeslip warriors on this board. ;)

Ahaha... Yeah, that gets to me. There are way to many dyno queens and "1K HP" == "17SEC ET" people on the supraforums :)

I prefer to use track numbers, as thats all that matters....
 
Top