Prices for installing TC????

jbone

Member
How much (typically) does it cost to have a new TC installed?? I know the prices vary between each shop but im just looking for a ballpark. A friend of mine said to expect anywhere between $800-1200 !!! I thought that seemed a little high but I thought Id ask to see what you guys were spending. Thanks!
 

Jimmy

Banned
Re: Prices for installing TC????

jbonehead85 said:
How much (typically) does it cost to have a new TC installed?? I know the prices vary between each shop but im just looking for a ballpark. A friend of mine said to expect anywhere between $800-1200 !!! I thought that seemed a little high but I thought Id ask to see what you guys were spending. Thanks!
Do it yourself.It's not too hard.

http://sytyarchives.com/howto/viewarticle.php?article_name=trans_removal.php&dir=drivetrain
 

Flyin Ryan

hated cuz he drives fords
Re: Prices for installing TC????

damn I almost took the plung for a $500 tc thinking I'd get it installed with a few other things.. glad I didn't because im poor as hell right now and would shit myself when it got back to me that it ran me $300 plus to install only of my many parts lol.. glad I install 98% of everythign myself but I dont' mess with the auto transmissions so a higher stall tc will wait a while
 

jbone

Member
Re: Prices for installing TC????

SEL777 said:
You better check his location before you GO for help.

well my vacation time is coming up soon and I hear Tikrit is Beautiful this time of year! ;)
 

Robert Lone

MUTANT
Re: Prices for installing TC????

jbonehead85 said:
well my vacation time is coming up soon and I hear Tikrit is Beautiful this time of year! ;)
Knock yourself out. Just don't knock me out in the process...:rotf:
 

VermontTy

Support Our Troops
Re: Prices for installing TC????

Everyone has a buddy who knows how to wrench....show up with a rack of beer, offer to help or toss him a few bucks, and learn how its done. I do work for my friends all the time like this on anything from trucks to lawnmowers. They bring over some brew thinking they'll have a couple pops and watch me work. I toss them a set of gloves and we work together through the problem. Eventually, all my friends will know how to do their own shit and I'll have time for my own projects! The toughest part of a TC install is getting the heavy tranny and xfer case out of the way.
 

Jimmy

Banned
Re: Prices for installing TC????

VermontTy said:
Everyone has a buddy who knows how to wrench....show up with a rack of beer, offer to help or toss him a few bucks, and learn how its done. I do work for my friends all the time like this on anything from trucks to lawnmowers. They bring over some brew thinking they'll have a couple pops and watch me work. I toss them a set of gloves and we work together through the problem. Eventually, all my friends will know how to do their own shit and I'll have time for my own projects! The toughest part of a TC install is getting the heavy tranny and xfer case out of the way.
Goddamn it Adam,you deserve a Sy/Ty.I hope you end up keeping it. :tup:
 

VermontTy

Support Our Troops
Re: Prices for installing TC????

Jimmy said:
Goddamn it Adam,you deserve a Sy/Ty.I hope you end up keeping it. :tup:
FINALLY FINALLY took it out for a bid yesterday after its full recovery from the fire :eyes: and I'll tell you what...selling it is a lot less appealing. I live on a dirt road off a dirt road so all I could get out of it was 2-3psi before it would go careening wildly out of control, but it was a great feeling again. Poor truck; its been through a lot in its short life.
 
Top