PLX and Turbo Tweak chip question for O2 sensor

cloneman315

Active member
Re: PLX and Turbo Tweak chip question for O2 sensor

Eric in order to display air fuel on the Scanmaster 3 can you let me know your thoughts on this? I currently have my PLX wired into the ecm. It is not one of your chips. Do I keep it that way or send the PLX output wire directly into the Scanmaster and then log it that way ? I believe there is a wide band and Narrow band wire that comes off the PLX M 300. It's been so long since I've messed with this truck I have forgot a few things ..
 

Eric Sy GN

Donating Member
Re: PLX and Turbo Tweak chip question for O2 sensor

Do you know if your chip is modified to read the wideband for logging?
 

cloneman315

Active member
Re: PLX and Turbo Tweak chip question for O2 sensor

Can't seem to get the Scanmaster to display any af. I have two wires from the plx and have a 3.5 connector into the aux jack on scanmaster
 

cloneman315

Active member
Re: PLX and Turbo Tweak chip question for O2 sensor

I just run the wbo2 from plx in open loop. I also confirmed my settings in the Scanmaster. I did have it running into my ECM the PLX that is. I had to make a little conversion chart that converted the voltage to a air fuel value. There was a little information that I was able to find on the 3.5 Jack on the Scanmaster as far as wires etc go.
 
Last edited:

Eric Sy GN

Donating Member
Re: PLX and Turbo Tweak chip question for O2 sensor

If you want to connect the PLX directly to the Scanmaster, in the config menu, set AD1 to "1", and O2 to "1". At this point, the Scanmaster should display 10.0 for O2 without the PLX connected.

Does it at least do that?
 

cloneman315

Active member
Re: PLX and Turbo Tweak chip question for O2 sensor

Eric yes I did get that far. One thing I am not sure of as I know the sensors go bad as they sit. This truck does not get much use and the PLX sensor did seem a little lazy. I was thinking that the Scanmaster even with the PLX sensor bad or lazy would still mirror each other on their displays ?
 

Eric Sy GN

Donating Member
Re: PLX and Turbo Tweak chip question for O2 sensor

If the AFR isn't matching fairly close, then there could be a ground offset. You might need to change the ground for the Scanmaster and the PLX, so they both are grounded at the same point.
 

cloneman315

Active member
Re: PLX and Turbo Tweak chip question for O2 sensor

Eric on the 3.5 mm Jack can you clarify the connections on that to what wires on the PLX 300? There are two wires that come off the of the 3.5 does one of them I'm assuming the ring need to be grounded?
 

Eric Sy GN

Donating Member
Re: PLX and Turbo Tweak chip question for O2 sensor

On the end of the jack, it's the middle ring as I recall, but I don't know what wire that is. I would check it with a voltmeter to see if you have an output. I did not need to ground any of the rings.
 

cloneman315

Active member
Re: PLX and Turbo Tweak chip question for O2 sensor

Ok we use these in the audio and video industry. Sound like maybe it needs to be a stereo type not mono. So the one you tested had the tip and two rings not one ring?
 

cloneman315

Active member
Re: PLX and Turbo Tweak chip question for O2 sensor

Eric wouldn't that be a Input to the Scanmaster? Output from plx input to the Scanmaster?
 

cloneman315

Active member
Re: PLX and Turbo Tweak chip question for O2 sensor

That was it. It needs to be a stereo 3.5 not mono. The units match (plx Scanmaster displays) with engine not running. Going to get a new sensor this week and see how they match and display in tuner pro. I'm curious to see if the both displays are dead accurate when running. I would like to tuck the PLX out of the way and just keep the Scanmaster on top of the dash. I don't really want to have two boxes sitting on top of the dash. I'm hoping the Scanmaster is going to be as accurate as the PLX since I am technically using the PLXs wideband to input to the Scanmaster.
 
Last edited:
Top