ouch....aaaaand....ouch...

Boosted_GR33K

New member
I was driving home from meetin up and hangin out at a friends house and ran into a newer VW Golf Turbo. I wasnt thinkin anything of it, just minding my own business when he started tryin inchin on me. So I figured I'll give him a quick 25-40mph blast @ wot and he'll change his mind. No exhaust or anything fancy, looked all stock and didnt even make a peep. I mashed it and before I could hit 45 he was 3 cars on me! Blah....that turdbox o' mine....its supposed to be the sleeper - guess it does too much of it X_x

So I make it back into town and was on my way to get the truck washed when, I run into one of my arch rivals. Theres this clown in this Olds Aurora with a full dual exhaust that just LOVES to terrorize me when Im in any vehicle he catches me in thats not my GN. He was behind me at the light as I was waiting to turn right and when I pulled out he was bright eyed and bushy-tailed waitin for me and hops on it cuttin over into the other lane. Nothing is worse than being at WOT @ 13PSI and watching the other guy just slowly but surely walk away from you..... :'( Im gonna need a new steering wheel and an upped dose of Valium to keep driving my truck... >.> Oh well....did what I could with what I had and Im all better now.... :/
 

gkrcr882

SyTyless......for now!
Re: ouch....aaaaand....ouch...

The VW GTIs and GLIs can be tweaked to make a lot of power, even though they had 1.8L and now 2.0L engines. How fast were you going when the Aurora passed you? Anything over 60 and it makes sense, the Northstar engines (4.0 Olds) really begin to sing at higher speeds.
 

codename Bil Doe

New member
Re: ouch....aaaaand....ouch...

Just wait till the Golf R comes out this year. They finally dumped the crappy VR6 in the R32 for the 1.8T. Also 200lb lighter. They're going to be sleepers. Much more competitive w/Evo's and STi's.
 

UR50SLO

V6+2=LSXCamaro
Re: ouch....aaaaand....ouch...

When you and I raced with our TrailblazerSS I got you from a roll but you put 4 trucks on me off the line.
That's where the power of that truck is the way it is currently set up. 1/8mi. You gota remember that it's not a Typhoon and it's also a stock engine with almost 180,000mi on it. It's ment to be a fun daily driver... I knocked 4seconds off it's 1/4mi time with stock Typhoon parts laying around the shop. It wasn't ment to be a street race truck. Dependable fun transpo. :)
~Scott
 
Top