Non lockup 9/11?

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
Isn't the point of a 9/11 to utilize the large lock up area? Our TY has a 9/11 and doesn't seem to want to lock up. I haven't really dug in to it but am wondering if any of those came non lockup. Input?
 

jwaller

Evil Genius/SyTy Guru
Re: Non lockup 9/11?

Isn't the point of a 9/11 to utilize the large lock up area? Our TY has a 9/11 and doesn't seem to want to lock up. I haven't really dug in to it but am wondering if any of those came non lockup. Input?
not to my knowledge. they are all custom built so it is possible some moron ordered it as a nonlockup but I doubt it.

I'd check system pressure's when it's supposed to lock and see if you have a leak or just low pressure.
 

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
Re: Non lockup 9/11?

I tried to manually lock it up, no dice. ECM is calling for it. I guess next step is to pull the pan, test the solenoid and go from there. The connector leaks pretty bad so maybe a good excuse to pull the pan off.
 

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
Re: Non lockup 9/11?

Must be a bad lock up clutch. I replaced the solenoid, pressue switches, and added a .500 boost valve "while I was in there" and no lock up. This ****ing sucks:squint:
 

gkrcr882

SyTyless......for now!
Re: Non lockup 9/11?

I have the same problem with my stock converter. Have yet to replace the solenoid, but the brake switch is new and jumpering the ALDL doesn't make it happen. Makes freeway driving kind of annoying, not to mention it sucks gas even worse!
 

jwaller

Evil Genius/SyTy Guru
Re: Non lockup 9/11?

you could try dropping a check ball down the snout of the TCC solenoid to block flow and take it for a drive just to see if you can get it to lock, but it's no way to drive around. you will still need to R&R to fix the issue.
 
Top