Lost to EVO 9

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
Ran into a guy this evening driving a charcoal gray EVO 9. He was pretty cool, I asked him if he wnated to run em but he said only from a roll cause he supposedly blew up his clutch at the track in the fall. So I raced him from a 45 roll and kept up with him for a little bit but he started pulling on me pretty good at about 70. We catch a light and I figure what the hell, Ill bet he goes for it if I do. So I spool it up and left with about 10psi. Got a solid 3 cars on him so his clutch probably was shot. At about 75 he started pulling hard!! I had to let off due to an upcoming turn, didnt want to roll the truck to prove a point that I was slower :( So we catch a light and I asked him what he had done because I have raced quite a few EVOs and usually can take them. He told me cams, header, exhaust, tuned, meth and 24psi. So again, I didnt feel so bad. Still sucks though.
 

sly dvl

Ya, it's got a Turbo
Re: Lost to EVO 9

A weak or slipping clutch is usually worse in the higher gears & not off the line, so I'm not sure I'd buy his story. However, sounds like good fun was had.
 

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: Lost to EVO 9

sly dvl said:
A weak or slipping clutch is usually worse in the higher gears & not off the line, so I'm not sure I'd buy his story.

High RPM AWD launches like EVO and other DSM do, adds alot of heat to the clutch and sometime glaze the material. A weak clutch will smoke on a launch, while it still hold WOT runs in roll on conditions.
 

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
Re: Lost to EVO 9

turbotyphoon69 said:
That pt60 is calling you.....

Yeah, I think I am gonna go ahead and say I want it with the DP. Not sure when I can afford is the only problem. It is looking like May for me so if you find someone else who wants it let em have it. It'ld be nice just to get something better in there. I want to do a cam and heads swap too, this would be a huge improvement. I had Vortecs and alky on my performance list for hte summer, already I am looking at new turbos, dp, bottom end, custom grind cam, I know I wont be able to afford all that this summer alone, but to have even half of it all even if I cant use it til next year would be just fine with me.
 

ThaJokr

Super Member
Re: Lost to EVO 9

You still woulda taken him outta the hole even with a good clutch, obviously not by as much though. Those Evo's really wake up on the top end with the cams, really is necessary or they fall on there face.
 

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
Re: Lost to EVO 9

ThaJokr said:
You still woulda taken him outta the hole even with a good clutch, obviously not by as much though. Those Evo's really wake up on the top end with the cams, really is necessary or they fall on there face.

Hey, kinda like SYTYs :lol:
 
Top