Liquid Intercooling Question

Is anybody running an additonal liquid intercooler in the bed of there trucks? I was wondering in you ran an additonal pump and like a 3 gallon or 5 gallon cell in the bed and ran additon coolant or ice water through this would it make any kind of improvement over stock? Is anybody running anything like this and do you have any advice or picture that could help? I was looking through the new fast ford and muscle mustangt don't ask why and they had a lighting in there with an additonal fuel celling the bed to help with the intecooler on the truck will it help us to?

Bill Sy 2882
 

kwick6

Donating Member
I liked one that I saw in a turbo regal.
It was a box under the hood that had steel braided hose coiled along the inside of the box. It was coiled along the sides so that the ice could be packed in the center. Ice turns to soup after a pass.

I put a heater core from a semi in front of my radiator and plumbed it in series with the stock system. I also have an upgraded pump for my IC. I might get some fans to mount on the lower cche.

I would almost lean towards an air2air setup if your interested in a good IC system. Not as much aggrevation. The water/air systems are a pain in the ass to get flowing well.

I'd also like to see some ice chest pics if anyone has some.

Scott
 

SPiN

Member
I am going to have to say Guy Reffets was one of the coolest I have seen for our trucks.

Mvc-013.jpg

Mvc-011.jpg

Mvc-016.jpg

Mvc-008.jpg

MVC-004.jpg


Dont quite remember which each cooler was for. Pretty sure one was trans. Think he might have been or still be selling the whole bed cause he got an a2a setup.

_________________
-=SPiN=-
Sportmachines.com Team
92 Green/Grey Oddfire Typhoon
94 Typhoon B
LT1 Blazer
2003 Hummer H2 Reserved
Rockford Racecrafted

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SPiN on 2002-02-23 13:41 ]</font>
 
Top