Intake temp. expectations (question)

SeattleSy#1255

Category 5 Conservative
General question: what intake temp should i expect for my truck while making a 1/4 pass...In general...looking for what most people get with similar mods.

Running t1-16 on ultimate with walbro pump and afpr. I got a 160 thermo...

IC----->line rerouted through passenger fender, Jabsco IC pump, and one bottle of watterwetter.

what should i expect on my datamaster logs?

thanks
 

Falco

Donating Member
Howdy,

Now with low 50F's out there I just made a couple of test runs. I started with 85-90F and at end it was around 75-80F. Jabsco, rerouted lines in the fender, custom scoop, removed passenger side fender-well.

HTH,
 
With ambient temps in the high 70's I would get 105-106 at the tree and 155-160 at the big end. With cooler outside temps around high 50's it would start around 102-103 and end up in the mid 140's. This is with no scoop or fans on the lower heat exchanger. My temps are the extreme of what's allowable I believe. Mike's truck with the same chip would only get up to 122-123, without a scoop or fans as well. I probably have some boost loss somewhere in the intake or hoses, but I'm too lazy to fix them all. I'm sure a low 12 woulda, coulda, shoulda happened if I could lower my IC temps by 30 or so degrees. Oh well, a blown trans just stopped that experiment. HTH, Christian
 
Top