INNOVATIVE WASTEGATE QUESTION!!!

myclone

Donating Member
Hmm.. Not sure I understand what youre doing with the WG putting it on the DP. If Im missing something then correct me here fellows..

I have a Innovative Turbo WG but its mounted on the CROSS OVER pipe on the drivers side BEFORE the turbine.

I don really see where a WG after the turbine is gonna help you control boost... Unless you have a REALLY restrictive exhaust system but thats stretching it quite a bit..

Am I missing something here or did I just get an extra helping of stupids for dinner??
 

myclone

Donating Member
Wait a minute... Are we talking integral or external WG here??? If youre talking integral then forget what I said... Mines external.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: myclone on 2002-01-08 05:01 ]</font>
 

smeagol

Active member
No it won't bolt up directly. It may fit with some custom welding and such.

myclone, the ATR downpipe is made so that the wastegate dump is from the wastegate port on the Garrett exhaust housings, that were originally used on Buicks. It is before the exhaust gases reach the turbine wheel so it still works, but not as well as an external completely before the turbo.
 

myclone

Donating Member
On 2002-01-08 07:00, Red Canyonero wrote:

myclone, the ATR downpipe is made so that the wastegate dump is from the wastegate port on the Garrett exhaust housings, that were originally used on Buicks. It is before the exhaust gases reach the turbine wheel so it still works, but not as well as an external completely before the turbo.

Thanks.. Didnt hit me till a few minutes later that a integral WG might be what was in question.. For some reason I was thinking ext WG mounted on the DP somewhere at first.

Dunno why. Sleep depravation maybe? :grin:
 

smeagol

Active member
It is still considered an external wastegate, it is just venting gases from the same port that an integral flapper type valve does.
 

myclone

Donating Member
On 2002-01-08 11:54, Red Canyonero wrote:
It is still considered an external wastegate, it is just venting gases from the same port that an integral flapper type valve does.

Gotta pic or a link?? Id like to see that set up just for the hell of it. Sounds, well, interesting..
 

ghettosled

SYTY SUPERSTORE
the main difference is the flange itself is larger. The racegate and progate both use the same style flange. If you want to send your turbine housing and top portion of the downpipe to me, I would gladly retrofit the bigger, and better wastegate. thanks
 
Top