IC lines replacement questions

SeattleSy#1255

Category 5 Conservative
I need to go shopping and am looking for EXACTLY what i need to reroute the IC lines. I know it makes a difference where I route them, but give a few of the common places: what do i need? size, 90 degree bends, etc. If someone list what i need, could you also let me know how you routed them, so i'm not at a loss...Thanks Members!
 

SyTyJedi

Jedi Council
On 2002-02-27 02:51, SeattleSy#1255 wrote:
I need to go shopping and am looking for EXACTLY what i need to reroute the IC lines. I know it makes a difference where I route them, but give a few of the common places: what do i need? size, 90 degree bends, etc. If someone list what i need, could you also let me know how you routed them, so i'm not at a loss...Thanks Members!

90* bends, hose adapters, clamps, 3/4" heater hose, coolant, water.

I routed mine thru the passenger side fenderwell, away from all heat. Brought them over to the CCHE at the bottom of the fender.

Fill the lines as much as possible before you reconnect them to the IC. Bolt the IC in last, connect the hoses and fill it. That way you can raise it up to burp the air out first. Much easier that way.

HTH!
 

SeattleSy#1255

Category 5 Conservative
was wondering if you can give me an idea of how much 3/4 hose i'll be needing, approx....how about 90 degree bends, how many of those? Thanks again!
 

kwick6

Donating Member
Jeff,
I'd say you can get by with 15' of hose.
If you plan to run through the passenger side fender, check out Napa. That's where I bought all my stuff. They sell some nice molded rubber 90's and 180's. I used a couple 180s coming out the back of the upper IC, so they wouldn't kink. I'd get 4 of the 90's to be safe. You'll use them at the top of the fender. I would get like 20 3/4 hose clamps... so you don't run out.

If you met up with Mike Chen, you could look at what he has and copy that. That would be your best bet. Its a chore getting the metal lines out and time consuming to run the rubber hoses and then get them to flow with no kinks. I would wait for a nice day and start in the AM. It will probably take you all day. FWIW.

Scott
 

SeattleSy#1255

Category 5 Conservative
Scott,

LOL...your telling me...I got the intake, TB, and IC off...i'm putting new injectors in as well as vacuum lines. LOL on the metal lines...I literally had to take both hands, clamp loose all the way and pull like a horse to get one out...Put both are out now...Time is not an issue, it been down for 3 weeks now and 3 more is probably minimum. I only have time on the weekends. Great idea on cheking out Mikes. I didn't know he did it, i'll email him tonight. Thanks again for datamaster works great! Great info man!
 

InvisiBill

Active member
I ran mine up and over the back of the engine and down near the steering column when I put in my Jabsco. I used about 12' of rubber hose (got 15', but had a couple feet left over) and a few hose clamps. That's it.

I think Daron said he routed his that way too. I just didn't like having it right over the downpipe...
 
Top