V6 Kompressor
New member
Re: Hurst Transmission shifter Cable replacement
OK, I've been driving with the Hurst cable for over a year now, here is a pic of the standard Unistrut adaptor welded to the shifter bracket :
And another pic:
And where I got the cable: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HUU-5000029/?rtype=10
I've had no problems with it & the extra 20" in length didn't pose a problem either. The piece of unistrut is almost too long, but it's working. I had to trim one of the mounting tabs on the shifter bracket for clearance and I lost one of the threaded inserts that the console bolts too. (see the missing console screw) I see dorman is offering shifter cables now and I'm trying to see what they have. Hell, Maybe Lokkar will come up with a stainless braided unit that would be the ticket. I don't know, but this is now and it works. I used the adjustable end at the shifter and the fixed end in the bracket on the tranny.
OK, I've been driving with the Hurst cable for over a year now, here is a pic of the standard Unistrut adaptor welded to the shifter bracket :
And another pic:
And where I got the cable: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HUU-5000029/?rtype=10
I've had no problems with it & the extra 20" in length didn't pose a problem either. The piece of unistrut is almost too long, but it's working. I had to trim one of the mounting tabs on the shifter bracket for clearance and I lost one of the threaded inserts that the console bolts too. (see the missing console screw) I see dorman is offering shifter cables now and I'm trying to see what they have. Hell, Maybe Lokkar will come up with a stainless braided unit that would be the ticket. I don't know, but this is now and it works. I used the adjustable end at the shifter and the fixed end in the bracket on the tranny.