HP rating

Tooky

Serious about performance
I don't know if this answers your question but I can give you the stats for the 92 Sonoma GT motor as I just received a flyer for it yesterday :smile:

L35 High Performance 4.3L Vortec V6 with Central Port Fuel Injection - 195 Horsepower and 260 lb-ft of Torque

I realize the Syclone is LB4 not L35 but it also has different intake and injectors and a whole host of things.
 

smeagol

Active member
I believe an NA 4.3 of that time yielded 160hp. The L35 has different heads, cam, rods, intake, block, fueling system...everything. The Syty engine is same as the regular 4.3 of that year, other than the pistons, main caps, intake.

If you took a Syty motor and put it to being naturally aspirated, you wouldn't make that 160hp though. They switched to lower compression pisons in the Syty, so it'd make less than 160 actually.
 

ROSEDOGGYDOG

umop apisdn w,I
*%$*&^$)W$)()@*&^@(#$! damn, screwed up my post!

Tooky: thanks for the info, how much of gain do you think it would be with my K&N (Stock replacement / holes drilled in the side of box for more air flow) and MSD GM Blaster Coil?

B.G.: What is a NA 4.3? Also maybe I should rephrase my question as so: How much HP gain should I expect if I add a turbo (for this question Generic-X)?

Also "I think" I saw one of your chips in Zavier's Ty when we met up at the XXX (hamburger joint!) I don't know what all the chip entails but could that work in a GT?
...and if so, what does it entail?

Thanks
_________________
Steve
More rare than a Sy/Ty! Sonoma GT#281 of 807

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ROSEDOGGYDOG on 2002-02-13 15:09 ]</font>
 
Top