Got ZO6???

Loeryder

New member
Hell yeah!

Our wedding present arrived today!!!

Got ZO6"s?
I do. 4 of them!













zo6.jpg

Except mine are steel grey.

Also got the gaskets for my trans adapter and X case so I have plenty of motivation to get it back together.

I wish I would have gotten a digicam for xmas. Fuk Santa
 

kwick6

Donating Member
those are gonna look good as hell. saw some pics of them on a green/grey on here a long time ago. I really like em, wish I had the $$.
 

WS6Clint

New member
What are the Specs of the wheels? Sizes/offsets? I'd love to have a set on my Sy. 8) Any issues with rubbing?
 

SYO237

SyTy Registry
me thinks ive decided to go with ZO6's now instead of ZR1s....

wonder how they would look powdercoated black?


greeny, any way to send me a side shot, so i could do some photochopping?
 

Loeryder

New member
Mine are sittin in the middle of my living room b/c I cant afford tires.. LoL

I went with the 17X9.5s determined by price of tires.
Once I get my Dustan Steering stops in mine won't rub anything.

They will need spacers in the rear, but now we can rotate front to rear without breaking down the tires. Mjor bonus :D :D

I visioned them powdercoated black on a sy as well Adam, but the polished lip idea Fn ROX!

My truck is Grn/Grn so the steel gray is gonna look tough.
Think you could photochop steel gray ZO6s on my Ty?
Hook a brotha up, puhleeeze?
abv.sized.jpg
 

kwick6

Donating Member
been saying all morning.......


pistons and rods are more important than wheels
pistons and rods are more important than wheels
pistons and rods are more important than wheels
pistons and rods are more important than wheels
pistons and rods are more important than wheels
pistons and rods are more important than wheels
pistons and rods are more important than wheels
pistons and rods are more important than wheels
pistons and rods are more important than wheels



its kinda helping to, but I don't know what'll happen if I see them on
a green ty.
:roll:

not that its rebuild time yet....but its helps to be prepared



Scott
 

sharky207

Member
the only reason i went with zr1 is because im a poor college student who got a deal from some dude that had the wheels on his brand new trans am that he sold. But man i wanted chrome z06 rims so bad

If the price is right you'll do anything...
 

kwick6

Donating Member
BG, Jas are these OEM, or are they from Jim L?


Anyone down for a GP?
If your out there Jim, what do u think?
How many orders needed, what prices,etc.?



Scott
 

Tooky

Serious about performance
Anyone ever seen a SyTy with genuine GM black crosslace wheels with the polished lip? AKA 89 Turbo Trans Am / 87 Buick GNX wheels in 16x8 245/50/16 size? I realize the source vehicles were not common but I am positive some company makes GNX replica wheels that may be a possible source.

On a long shot, I wonder what the gold crosslace like the 89/90 Turbo Grand Prix would look like on the Sy. I mocked mine up once, I was gonna bolt it on but the bolt pattern isn't the same. The wheels are also 16x8 245/50/16s though so it would have been sweet if it worked. I know the gold is a stretch but it might look nearly late 80's factory when mounted up proper.

PS: I just realized the Turbo Trans Am has gold crosslace, not black. Although the polished lip on the TTA is MUCH deeper than on the TGP.
 

SYO237

SyTy Registry
jas..

hook me up with a good site shot like the sy above... i'll photochop some steel z06s on....
 

sytyfreak

New member
TookyCat said:
Anyone ever seen a SyTy with genuine GM black crosslace wheels with the polished lip? AKA 89 Turbo Trans Am / 87 Buick GNX wheels in 16x8 245/50/16 size? I realize the source vehicles were not common but I am positive some company makes GNX replica wheels that may be a possible source.

On a long shot, I wonder what the gold crosslace like the 89/90 Turbo Grand Prix would look like on the Sy. I mocked mine up once, I was gonna bolt it on but the bolt pattern isn't the same. The wheels are also 16x8 245/50/16s though so it would have been sweet if it worked. I know the gold is a stretch but it might look nearly late 80's factory when mounted up proper.

PS: I just realized the Turbo Trans Am has gold crosslace, not black. Although the polished lip on the TTA is MUCH deeper than on the TGP.

I think Tim (syclone#1992) has those wheels on his truck. I tried looking for his webpage, but it's dead. Perhaps you could PM him so he can send you some pics of his truck.
 
Top