Gauge face update

Tophatjimmy

Syclone FNG
Re: Gauge face update

Agreed! Looks fantastic! What's involved in matching the AC controls to this look?

-P

There's not much you can do to the AC panel really. Maybe do a color change on the icons, but thats about it. Probably not worth the cost to mess with.

I am probably going to buy a cheap EL panel off Ebay to cut up and backight my A-pillar gauges and the AC panel though. . . assuming all this goes through, that is.
 

Tophatjimmy

Syclone FNG
Re: Gauge face update

I just got an email from James at ZThirtyTwo.com with a potential design for the Z32 inspired gauge face set.

He said these can be made available with or without the Syclone/Typhoon logo and I'm awaiting a response from him about the Boost Delete option.

For those still watching, let me know what you think of these:

TyphoonGF_zpsbca1a015.jpg
 

Tophatjimmy

Syclone FNG
Re: Gauge face update

New images from James:

NO LOGO:

Typhoon2GF_zps4f4de7aa.jpg


NO LOGO, NO BOOST:

NoBoostGF_zps8314bab0.jpg




If anyone is actually interested in these, PM me with which style you'd like and how many. James and I would like to get a volume estimate for the initial run to get pricing established. No money is required, but please be somewhat serious so we can get an accurate quote.
 

InvisiBill

Active member
Re: Gauge face update

I'm nitpicking again, but "1min x1000"? The Z32 one you linked to has "x1000r/min" or "x1000 revolutions/minute". "1min x1000" is the same as "x1000 minutes", so it's nonsense unless it's on a very slow-moving clock.

I do like these, and would consider buying some in the future. However, I don't think I'd have the money to spend on them right now.
 

aasltmike

Active member
Re: Gauge face update

I'm nitpicking again, but "1min x1000"? The Z32 one you linked to has "x1000r/min" or "x1000 revolutions/minute". "1min x1000" is the same as "x1000 minutes", so it's nonsense unless it's on a very slow-moving clock.

I do like these, and would consider buying some in the future. However, I don't think I'd have the money to spend on them right now.

I agree with his thinking there. It should say RPM x1000.
 

Tophatjimmy

Syclone FNG
Re: Gauge face update

So to update anyone who may still be following this thread, I am bowing out of the further development of these gauges.

It has just taken up way more time and resources than I can devote to it right now. It was a cool idea, but I wasn't prepared for the level of involvement that was necessary to see it through.

Plus, especially this time of year, I need my truck to be mobile and having the dash torn apart and the cluster out of it was creating an issue for me.

James had a prototype set of gauges made up on some high quality card stock to check fitment and there were some minor issues there that need to be addressed. The thing that really needs to happen is that James should really have a spare cluster to model directly from, that way there are zero potential issues.

I couldn't send him my cluster since I actually use my truck on a fairly regular basis.

If anyone is interested in picking up the mantle and seeing this through, I will gladly give them James' contact info and you guys can go from there.

Sorry I bit off more than I could chew. :tdown:
 

LOWBLAZERO1

New member
Re: Gauge face update

ive got a spare sunbird cluster hanging out, collecting dust. if that helps. its got a lower mph speedo and no boost guage, tho.
 
Top