gas tank problem

Typhoon #1133

New member
I am having a major problem here. this is the fist time I filled my Ty all the way up since I put my new fuel pump in. when it is about full the gas starts pouring out. it is not from the neck where you put the gas in. one of my hoses must of fell of or something. and now my tank is full of gas. I am trying to decide if I should let it idle until it is empty enough to get it down. I tried to siffen it out. this was junk and did not work. any ideas? and I want to go to the Ohio gathering this weekend and don't have much time to fix it. :x

thanks,

Keith
 

smeagol

Active member
It's probably at the locking ring on the pump assembly. Did you replace this piece when you did the fuel pump?

You can drain the tank by doing this:

remove Schraeder valve on fuel rail
put a hose on that fitting, down to a tank of some sort, or another car :wink:
energize the fuel pump relay on the fire wall by putting 12V to the short grey wire that is hanging down off a relay on the firewall on the passenger side. All you need is a 6" section of wire, to go from that wire to the bulkhead fitting on the firewall near it, as that is a constant 12v from the battery at that connection.

Get the new O ring and cam locking ring, should solve your problem, unless it is a leaky hose, which I doubt.
 

smeagol

Active member
Schraeder valve removal tool, like ya use for bicycle tires and such.

Or you could use a hacksaw.. but I recommend the tool.
 

Loeryder

New member
The grey wire is on the passenger side firewall.
Check down where the large loom poasses under the 2 relays ont eh pass side.
Mine was tucked in there.

It has a female spade connector on it so that helped me spot it.
 
Top