front o-ring dilema on trans

JuStBlAzIN

Active member
Well i am ready to install the Trans onto the engin to drop in the truck as a unit. Well the front seal on the input shaft that slides into the torque converter is broken. It seems to be a regular o-ring but one side is flat and it is a bit stiffer than a standard o-ring. I went to GM, they gave me part # 8630049, but to my luck they do not match up. My question is what seal do i use? This is seal that goes on the outter most part of the shaft. Any info would be appriceated.
 

George Blake

DONATING MEMBER
Re: front o-ring dilema on trans

What's your address. I'll send you one. The new one won't match the old one as the old one is worn out.....they are not supposed to be flat.
 

JuStBlAzIN

Active member
Re: front o-ring dilema on trans

i Think my problem is solved. I am going to try the o-ring and or get one that fits the shaft. I was just a bit confused on how the old one looked. Thanks or the help though. i'll post if i have any problems.
 

George Blake

DONATING MEMBER
Re: front o-ring dilema on trans

Just make sure you lube it up with vaseline mixed with transmission fluid. Helps keep you from tearing it up during install of the converter.
 
Top