Electronic PCV systems

G

Guest

Guest
I understand that some current model vehicles have an electric pump that scavenges fumes from the valve covers and passes them on........... electrical, not mechanical.

My current system draws from both valve covers to the exhaust, but only works under cruise conditions. I'd like something suckin at the valve cover constantly, and pushin to the exhaust constantly.

Does anyone know for a fact WHAT vehicles this system is on? I have climbed all over Ford Powerstroke and Chevy Duramax diesels, plus Corvettes with NO luck. I'm getting to know parts managers on a first name basis....

Anyone know a correct vehicle type? TIA,
 

Daron

Active member
Talk to Steve Gavic. I believe some ZR-1 Corvettes used a pump to create a vacuum in the crankcase. Supposed to help with ring sealing and reduce some of the resistance the piston encounters on the down stroke. Steve had one on his Ty at one time.
Daron
 
G

Guest

Guest
I found out from Steve Gavic that the system is a "electric smog pump" off of ~94-95 ZR1's and Grand Sport models...... evidently "it" is an electric fan about the size of the stock turbo.......... and expensive. Around $300 "if" you can find one.

Thanks Daron-Ian for the assist. At least I now have an idea as to what it is I'm lookin for (grin)
 
G

Guest

Guest
I found that 2000 Camaro LS1's have an electric smog pump, and it looks as though it's exactly what I want.
http://www.turbotechnologyinc.com/ls1_instructions.htm

Now to get a oil breather tank and I'm in business. The GM part number for the pump is 12568241 and lists for $185.48 ea..

Thanks again to Ian, Daron and Steve for the helping hand.
 
Top