DUMP TUBE???

SyTyJedi

Jedi Council
You can weld a dump pipe onto the stock downpipe. I have one on my truck and it sounds MONSTER.

I have the summit dump pipe with the bottom part cut away from the pipe. We welded mine on with the downpipe on the truck, so we just cut a small part out of the bottom of the stock downpipe and welded the actual dump part of the pipe onto that. Doesn't stick out too far and works perfect. I'll try to get some pics soon.

Total cost: Less than $100.00

HTH!


Tyler
 

badnewz

Member
I welded a dump onto the ATR 3" down pipe and it does sound badazz. They make a dp for the grand nationals that is called a "Jersey" dp. the dump is just before your catalytic converter. I guess so you can still pass emissions. I don't know if anyone is making anything like that for the syty.

Mike B
St.Clair Shores, MI
 

G.D. Bryson

New member
The loss of back pressure may (most likely) cause loss of boost control; could be a VERRRY expensive modification. Take heed...
Happines & success in 2002.

Gary & Ty 1845
 

SyTyJedi

Jedi Council
On 2002-01-01 21:36, SeattleSy#1255 wrote:
what about boost spikes? What have you done to aid this potential problem?

Not all trucks have problems with boost spikes. I had a gutted converter for 1.5 years and my boost was ROCK SOLID at 17 lbs all the time. With the dump tube on, spool up is even more insane and boost was also very accurate to the setting on the ultimate chip.

Some trucks do ok once they are tuned up properly.



Tyler
 

SeattleSy#1255

Category 5 Conservative
IC....What "tuning" measures are taken into account when preventing boost spikes (when using a dump tube)?

I'm learning here, bare with me...

Thanks!
 

SyTyJedi

Jedi Council
Not really much "tuning" to do except playing with fuel pressure unless you burn your own chips.

The tune I was referring to was simply a fresh tune up as described in the SyTy FAQ and SyTy readme.

A local Sy went 12.9@103 with a tuneup and a few basic mods (incl ultimate chip) and it had a gutted cat.


Tyler
 
Top