differential gears

ONECARNUT

New member
does any one know what gears a stock 93 ty would have? also can a s-blazer front diff be used in a ty?if so what years work best...thanks for your help!!
 
Last edited:

ONECARNUT

New member
Re: differential gears

I am considering buying a Ty that the front diff is blown up. that is why I was wondering if a s-blazer front might work.... easier to find....thanks
 

Captain Morgan

Moderated User
Re: differential gears

the gears and carrier are the same.

The axle tube and passenger side axel are different, those would need to swapped over.
 

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: differential gears

Even if you do buy a SyTy front differential, they aren't that expensive $300-400. The R&R of a front differential sucks to do though....
 

ONECARNUT

New member
Re: differential gears

thanks guys..... I was told that if the front diff was not hooked up for any amount of time that it cause a viscous clutch problem in the transfer case.... any views on this??? thanks in advance!!!!
 

canadian

sy in progress
Re: differential gears

that's the concensus. search for propshaft + viscous and you should find a bunch of posts about it.
 
Top