DD diagnosis needed

VermontTy

Support Our Troops
Re: DD diagnosis needed

SEL777 said:
I just checked on GM Parts and these sell in a 5 pack for $1.12 for each p/n. So 10 bolts for $2.24. SWEET!
sounds like I took it dry at the local dealer then :bs:
 

SEL777

One of 101
Re: DD diagnosis needed

VermontTy said:
sounds like I took it dry at the local dealer then :bs:

A closer look at GM Parts Direct shows special order item not in stock. Shipping when??? They wanted $9.48 to ship the 1st item then an additional $1.96 or something so the total came out to be over $25. So I ordered them from the dealer for 1.98 each. X 10
 

SY2932

Administrator
Re: DD diagnosis needed

SEL777 said:
They wanted $9.48 to ship the 1st item then an additional $1.96 or something so the total came out to be over $25.

Welcome to the "wonderful world" of GM Parts Direct superfluous shipping charges... This is a well known "dirty trick" that they pull. You get a part for a low price but they make up for the lack of mark up and then some on the shipping charges :roll: . As a rule, I stay well away from the "stealership" unless it is absolutely necessary. Like many OG's, I get my parts from Dal Slabaugh at Van DeVere Olds Akron, OH 330-658-6861. He has been around for years supporting the turbo V6 community and can get parts everyone else will tell you aren't available anymore. And all the while charging you a normal shipping charge. Many others will agree with me that Dal IS the GM parts guy, if he can't get it no one can.
 

ABLITZ

Damn Yankee
Re: DD diagnosis needed

16Sy16 said:
I'd double check the brakes. Sometimes when things are "fixed", they aren't fixed. Worth checking :2cents:
:stupid:

bolts can back out,people forget to tighten things.....
 

SEL777

One of 101
Re: DD diagnosis needed

SY2932 said:
I get my parts from Dal Slabaugh at Van DeVere Olds Akron, OH 330-658-6861.

Thanks Mike. I'll add this to my contacts for parts. Dal = Dale??
 
Top