CV Joints going bad?

crazykaese

91ProtoTy/IndyPaceTribute & Sawzall Master
Are replacement Cardone half shaft cv assemblies all the same for 1st gen s-series trucks with 4wd and awd? I need em bad and I have a chance to buy a pair of brand new not remanufactured ones pretty cheap. Just need to know if they are the right ones for my Ty. The front right wheel makes a clicking when the wheel is turned hard right and I'm just starting to move. Also, when taking off from a light the steering wheel jerks to the right slightly with every revolution of the front wheel until about 30 mph or I let off the gas. It doesn't do anything wierd while braking - only accelerating. Sounds like the cv going bad to you guyz?

Lastly, what does it take to remove/replace these suckers. Need to know what I'm up against here before I attempt this. Help me out guyz.
 

blk00z28

Forced to by choice
Re: CV Joints going bad?

I get a poping more so when I back up then go foward. I'm thinking cv's too but its not bad enough for me yet to worrie about it. :D
 
Top