Here's an e-mail I shot to those guys detailing my problems in case you guys are thinking about going with a combo with the custom 1" adapters:
Hey...I've been having problems with the 1" adapters I recieved for my Typhoon. When I got them out of the box I noticed that the studs seemed to be excessively long. I put them on the truck with no problem but when I tightened down my brand new $70 McGard splinedrive closed end lugnuts the stud was so long it punched thru the end of the lug and split the lug in half. So much for that. The wheels I have require "tuner" style lugs since there's no way you can fit a 3/4" socket in there so you can't use off the shelf 3/4" open end lugs . I went on a (long) search for some open lugs like this:
http://www.jegs.com/photos/359EKTuner.jpg
$30 later still no dice...the lug bottomed out before it seated against the wheel.
I don't know what I'm going to do now. Granted I could take a dremel and hack off the last few threads on all the studs but I'm sure the lugnuts would be fun to get started on the hacked threads. For the cash I laid down I shouldn't have to do that.
The thing is I payed extra for custom 1" spacers. It seems that you may have mistakenly used the same studs that you would use on the off-the-shelf 1.25" spacers. If it wasn't a mistake you guys should get the correct studs so that this doesn't happen to the next guy or just quit offering the 1" spacers all-together.
Thanks for your time...
Trevor James
Hey...I've been having problems with the 1" adapters I recieved for my Typhoon. When I got them out of the box I noticed that the studs seemed to be excessively long. I put them on the truck with no problem but when I tightened down my brand new $70 McGard splinedrive closed end lugnuts the stud was so long it punched thru the end of the lug and split the lug in half. So much for that. The wheels I have require "tuner" style lugs since there's no way you can fit a 3/4" socket in there so you can't use off the shelf 3/4" open end lugs . I went on a (long) search for some open lugs like this:
http://www.jegs.com/photos/359EKTuner.jpg
$30 later still no dice...the lug bottomed out before it seated against the wheel.
I don't know what I'm going to do now. Granted I could take a dremel and hack off the last few threads on all the studs but I'm sure the lugnuts would be fun to get started on the hacked threads. For the cash I laid down I shouldn't have to do that.
The thing is I payed extra for custom 1" spacers. It seems that you may have mistakenly used the same studs that you would use on the off-the-shelf 1.25" spacers. If it wasn't a mistake you guys should get the correct studs so that this doesn't happen to the next guy or just quit offering the 1" spacers all-together.
Thanks for your time...
Trevor James