converter is slipping?

Falco

Donating Member
Howdy,

Since I'm running my new config with the PT52 my tranny/convereter (both stock) behaves differently. The tranny shift as it should be all the time, under part throttle and at WOT too. However almost every time I power braking the truck the converter will act up when it's locking up. It's dropping the RPM, which stays there for almost 1.5-2 seconds. Then it's slowly starts to climb again. It's the same with the ECM locking the TC and with locking it manually. When I just start from idle it never showed up. I've been watching my tranny oil temp closely all the time. It has never been above 180F, usually around 150F or less (at the hot line before the extra cooler).

Also with my new build shift points seems to be higher, in the 4700-4800 range. I adjusted TV cable the proper way, but it shifting this high with the two click. So what can cause this? Worn out convereter? Or is the tranny starting to show its bad side? Is a tranny rebuild in order?

TIA,
 

100in6

100in6
could be a little of both. i just got my new convetrter in and it seems killer. i will let you know more if you can hang on for a little longer i'll let you know how mine does. it is a custom built one from the converter shop in lake havasoo arizone. look at their ls1 billetl

les
 

jwaller

Evil Genius/SyTy Guru
100in6 said:
could be a little of both. i just got my new convetrter in and it seems killer. i will let you know more if you can hang on for a little longer i'll let you know how mine does. it is a custom built one from the converter shop in lake havasoo arizone. look at their ls1 billetl

les

ya les I've been running/selling that conv ever since it came out.

it's a nice piece and helped my problems with cover flex. but seeing as how I run more pressure than almost anybody I had to reinforce the clutch apply ring as well bc I was bending it over backwards..also had to replace the fenolic washer/ring with a billette alum one as I kept breaking it too.
 
Top