code 31?

flintdawg

New member
what code is this....does it have to do with the turbo? i found a small vaccum harness with a small electrical connector in the front of my truck near the turbo....just hanging? it has 1 vacc. end with a T so it splits...wasnt connected...and its really beat up...could it have to do with the wastegate?thanks
 

atc82

New member
code 31 is overboost, and that small electrical connector is the WasteGate seleniod. Here is a picture of how the vacuum lines should be hooked up.
shiney_turbo.jpg
 

jwaller

Evil Genius/SyTy Guru
yes thats the cause of your problem....redone your vacume lines. and route them as in the picture.
 

MattGE

Member
Mine broke while I was putting in my ATR cold air kit. I just used some new vaccum lines, but it ain't pretty and I don't think it will last. Where can I get a whole new solenoid with the connections? TIA
 

GM TURBO

Sell Out
The part number and price are only for the solenoid.

Why not use vacuum hose and bypass the plastic and elbows all together? I have done this as well as others without a problem.

I gotta ask what happened to that turbo - ick!!! While it is probably one of the best pics of the solenoid - coulda probably found a cleaner truck :smile:
 

Tooky

Serious about performance
Ahhh yes... Time to break out my most-pimped picture (and it's not even mine!)

syebc.jpg


Be extremely careful driving your truck when the wastegate solenoid/hoses are not operating properly. There is potential for your truck to make HUGE, unlimited motor-blowing boost. I only hit my gas to 70% for less than a second and I saw it go to CRAZY BOOST because my wastegate was never opening. If I had held it to the floor for any length of time I am sure serious damage would have resulted. So play it real careful and glue your eyes to that aftermarket boost gauge you hopefully installed!!
 

kbbeckius

New member
Ok, here seems to be a good place to ask a question thats been bugging me for awhile. What's that other port on the wastegate solenoid for?? I initially thought there was some hose missing but after some research, it looks as if nothing actually connects to it.
WTF?? :???:
 

ronniejoe80

Member
I think there is supposed to be a little piece of foam on that port. That allows the bleed off. On another note, does anyone have the little bracket that holds the wastegate solenoid?
 

GM TURBO

Sell Out
The picture Tooky posted is how a lot of people have done their lines. That is what mine looks like - but the lines are black. Great picture Josh.
 
Top