B
Blake
Guest
Just a consumer warning.
I'm in the process of trying to get selective backing plates for different clutch stacks in the transmission for some people. I go to Transtar and Dacco since so many local transmission shops use them all the time so I could get the selective backing plates really quick.
Get this. Both sales reps from both places tell me the same thing:
"You are the only one we ever have requesting these items. Shops rarely ever call for items like this. It'll take us a couple days to get them."
You know what that means? Shops aren't setting proper clutch clearances when they build them(at least in this area). Rarely do you make it through a rebuild and not have to work at least one of the stackups to get it just right. Next time you get a good deal, keep this in mind to ask the guy building it. Looks like they are just stacking them in out of the kits and popping in retaining rings. No wonder so many are failing after such a short time.
FYI,
George
I'm in the process of trying to get selective backing plates for different clutch stacks in the transmission for some people. I go to Transtar and Dacco since so many local transmission shops use them all the time so I could get the selective backing plates really quick.
Get this. Both sales reps from both places tell me the same thing:
"You are the only one we ever have requesting these items. Shops rarely ever call for items like this. It'll take us a couple days to get them."
You know what that means? Shops aren't setting proper clutch clearances when they build them(at least in this area). Rarely do you make it through a rebuild and not have to work at least one of the stackups to get it just right. Next time you get a good deal, keep this in mind to ask the guy building it. Looks like they are just stacking them in out of the kits and popping in retaining rings. No wonder so many are failing after such a short time.
FYI,
George