CCHE Opinions

GM TURBO

Sell Out
Ok, I need a new CCHE. I think it would be kinda silly to buy a stocker if I can get an upgraded unit for close to the same price. Who has the best one for the best price? Or should I just get a stocker and do an auxilary kit? Or should I just go Air-Air :smile: J/K - I need to stay on my budget. Is the one http://www.arautosports.com the best deal out there? That is closer to what I think is a fair price instead of the $500 for a DeQuick. Whaddya think?
 

JustBeachin

Plays well with others
I purchased a CCHE from Tony Dequick, and I haven't seen my MAT's drop at all. Although it is a bit bigger, there are less rows of tubes running back and forth. The one on Mikes website, and the description, look identical to those on ChargedAir.com. (if I remember right, he is distributing for them)

Wait for others who purchased it as well to comment.



_________________
Doug Rodriguez
Redondo Beach, CA
93 Blk/Blk Ty #529 13.3 @ 101mph w/ poor 1.98 60' time

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JustBeachin on 2001-12-27 17:38 ]</font>
 

manitoufs

Member
I tried the Dequick with the same results as Doug. In some cases the MATs were actually higher. It sits lower and is very vulnerable to anything on the road. Mine got tweaked often. (My truck is not lowered.) The final straw was getting a puncture on a trip. Did half the trip w/o the intercooler.

I removed mine and went back to stock. I have some jpgs of it if you are interested in seeing them. I just trashed it last week.
 

ALBERTAN

Member
Craig Stanghor has a DeQuick L2A new in the box he is looking to sell last I talked to him. He can be contacted through the mailing list. Failing that contact me and I'll see if I can dig his addy up.
 
Top