Cant hold boost during a launch?

It's just a six

Super Member
Re: Cant hold boost during a launch?

And it throws off the balance of the braking system. GM designs components to work together. On a dry road, if you slam on the brakes, all 4 tires should lock up at the same time. With larger rear wheel cylinders, the rears will lock up first, and the rear end will potentially try to swing out. F*ing with the brake system is not as mindless as people make it out to be.

Never had a problem with this.:2cents:
 

It's just a six

Super Member
Re: Cant hold boost during a launch?

Most people never will. But the physics behind it are sound. It's just a heads up.
So why even mention this if it does not happen.?

"And it throws off the balance of the braking system. GM designs components to work together. On a dry road, if you slam on the brakes, all 4 tires should lock up at the same time. With larger rear wheel cylinders, the rears will lock up first, and the rear end will potentially try to swing out. F*ing with the brake system is not as mindless as people make it out to be. "

Has it happened to you?

I never heard it happen to anyone here.
 

AUSyTyIN

Unbusted $#it box
Re: Cant hold boost during a launch?

So why even mention this if it does not happen.?

"And it throws off the balance of the braking system. GM designs components to work together. On a dry road, if you slam on the brakes, all 4 tires should lock up at the same time. With larger rear wheel cylinders, the rears will lock up first, and the rear end will potentially try to swing out. F*ing with the brake system is not as mindless as people make it out to be. "

Has it happened to you?

I never heard it happen to anyone here.

I never said it does not happen, just that it could happen. The physics behind it are sound (I can prove it to you, if you really want), so it's worth noting. Messing around with the braking system shouldn't be taken lightly.
 

It's just a six

Super Member
Re: Cant hold boost during a launch?

I never said it does not happen, just that it could happen. The physics behind it are sound (I can prove it to you, if you really want), so it's worth noting. Messing around with the braking system shouldn't be taken lightly.

Don't need to prove anything.
This mod is one of the first things to do to our Sy/Ty's to have the brakes hold higher boost to get a better launch & have not heard anyone have a problem w/this mod, that's all.

I had thought you were talking from first hand experience.
 

AUSyTyIN

Unbusted $#it box
Re: Cant hold boost during a launch?

Don't need to prove anything.
This mod is one of the first things to do to our Sy/Ty's to have the brakes hold higher boost to get a better launch & have not heard anyone have a problem w/this mod, that's all.

I had thought you were talking from first hand experience.

Gee thanks, I wasn't aware of the SyTy modding list. I've been around the block, in case you haven't noticed.

I've just grown tired of not saying anything when people change random parts on their brakes without thinking about the brake balance. I'm done talking this issue.
 
Top