Can i flush the TC ?

jwaller

Evil Genius/SyTy Guru
ditto, BTW you ned to find somebody that knows how to build a 700. yes I know you make ~1k hp but it can be built to handle it, you just have to really know what your doing.
 

nightdiver

Active member
jwaller said:
ditto, BTW you ned to find somebody that knows how to build a 700. yes I know you make ~1k hp but it can be built to handle it, you just have to really know what your doing.

John , i will rebuilt it on my own. What are the small secrets/tips that can make it handle that torque ?
I know there is NO manual for that....where can i find these info in order not to burn the tranny in a week again
Thanks
 

jwaller

Evil Genius/SyTy Guru
you need to run 7 blues(3-4), 15 thou clearance, kolene steels thoughout, cryo every single piece and replace the sprag with a 1 piece and 5 pinion planets, billete pump and billete servo's. steel pistons.

most importantly you need at least 300psi line presure. btw most TC's cant handle this much psi so you need a custom converter to do this.
 

nightdiver

Active member
You mean the tc Nolan use ?
I removed the pressure regulator from the other tranny i got and it is a .5....ill go with the .57
I think i read something about welding a small port on the input drum....got to dig and find that also. Im also thinking to use a 9 clutch 3-4. Should i ?
 

jwaller

Evil Genius/SyTy Guru
blues are better, I dont care who says what, I've done more of these trannies than anybody else, experiance speaks for itself. a .57 will get you close but you have to set the thing up tight everywhere to get the psi you need. and no, nolans tc wont hold up either. it has to be custom made.
 

nightdiver

Active member
I just remenber seen that advertized :D I removed the reds yesterday
Are there any mods for the valve body that i have to do ? Its a 700r4 you know and its kinda "softer" than the original 4l60 tranny
 

jwaller

Evil Genius/SyTy Guru
I dont reccommend anything to the stock vb but if you have a non-syty vb then I remove the mtv springs and block the line bias valve and add a correct upshift sleeve. and stiffer tv valve spring.
 
Top