AFPR Install ???

natety

New member
Does anyone have any detailed info about how to do this? For some reason this job is making me uncomfortable. When done what is the best way to adjust? Also, in the mail Ultimate chip, and 3 bar map sensor is 48# the correct pressure? While I'm at it any directions for the install of the ultimate? and which sensor is the map sensor? I have 2 weeks to do all this and then it is back to work for 70 hrs a week. I'm not too bad on mechanics, but it is more of a time frame issue now. Did I bite off to much, I have nothing to do for the next 2 weeks but work on the Ty and drink. Can it be done? I guess I have to decide which of the 2 is a priority. Any help so I can do both. Thanks, Cuz I need a vacation.
 

natety

New member
Holy smokes was that a ramble, anyway anyone in twin cities want to help? come on down I'll provide refreshments. Then we can do both.
 

SeattleSy#1255

Category 5 Conservative
LOL on the ramble....

AFPR-------drain IC, undo the 3 bolts under the IC, its mounted to a bracket....1/2 inch i think, not sure though...now you can get to the FPR...undo vacuum hose or hoses around area...two allen heads i think hold it to a bracket, get those two out...then on bottom side of FPR is fuel line, use wrench, forgot size (this is the hardest part ,depending on truck some are easy to access from what i have seen---which isn't much, hehe) to undo...then pull the FPR off the fuel rail (also can be bitch, try not to bust the O ring)....then in reverse, install new one...In terms of fuel pressure, best way to adjust is to plug vacuum line with screw or whatever, start truck and adjust...this gives you base FP---you'll need a gauge! Stock i'm not sure, but thought it was 43, may be wrong on that...Ultimate is 50 or so, but all trucks are different, this is where scan tool is good for ya...3 bar map sensor is a snap, literally...it is on drivers side next to intake...I have a pic, sorta hard to describe but is small black plastic thing mounted on a bracket...As for the chip, can't help ya on that one...its not hard, 5 min. or so to drop the ECM...

I'd say only a few hours, but plan on 6 as if it where me i would plan on 10 as i am a idiot when it comes to figureing things out...well, so much for my credintials, hehe...but i hope it helps...Really, its pretty basic, just the little crap that takes time if haven't done it before...

Apparently i ramble too.............
 

ParTyBoy

New member
On 2002-03-18 02:05, SeattleSy#1255 wrote:
LOL on the ramble....

AFPR-------drain IC,

Think it should be made aware though that you don't necesarily need to drain the IC if the IC lines have already been replaced with heater hose.... Then all you need to do is unbolt the IC from it's supports and move on top of the intake... Otherwise sounds ok... Be sure not to just yank up after disconnecting the FPR from the rail.. Just to add you have two bolts that secure the FPR to the rail and a metal fuel dump line connected to the bottom base...
 

SeattleSy#1255

Category 5 Conservative
[/quote]

Just to add you have two bolts that secure the FPR to the rail

[/quote]


Yes, these are the two allen heads i was speaking of...the one near the fire wall can be a bitch, may want to put something underneeth as it is easy to drop---may drop your tool as well...cHoCco is right, here is where rerouting those IC lines can pay off a little!
 

doomdead

New member
I would suggest using a socket and screwdriver to undo those allen screws... unless you want to sit there and turn it all day. Thats what we did on mine until we dropped the bit :smile: ... come to think of it i never did find it on the cement... heh oh well. use a bit that fits the allen head and a screwdriver, save you some time.
 
Top