700R4 acting funny

epix

Typhoon
Today when I got off work the Ty drove home just fine, I ran inside and grabbed some items and came back out to the Ty and started it up, put it in reverse and backed out of the driveway, when I put it in to OD the truck would not move, I had to rev to about 3500-4000rpm for it to finally go.

I've tried going from park to 1st gear, park to 2nd, and from park to D and it all does the same.

I heard no pop or weird noise when I went from reverse to drive.. Now everytime I put it into drive I have to rev it up for it to move forward,. reverse works just fine. When I come to a stop and start driving forward it acts normal, its just the very 1st time I put it into drive after being in park.

The trans was rebuilt buy a local guy using a rebuild kit and some other misc parts like the corvette servo.. not sure what other parts exactly.

What may be going on?
 

Windedv6

Ty n 10s
Re: 700R4 acting funny

epix said:
Today when I got off work the Ty drove home just fine, I ran inside and grabbed some items and came back out to the Ty and started it up, put it in reverse and backed out of the driveway, when I put it in to OD the truck would not move, I had to rev to about 3500-4000rpm for it to finally go.

I've tried going from park to 1st gear, park to 2nd, and from park to D and it all does the same.

I heard no pop or weird noise when I went from reverse to drive.. Now everytime I put it into drive I have to rev it up for it to move forward,. reverse works just fine. When I come to a stop and start driving forward it acts normal, its just the very 1st time I put it into drive after being in park.

The trans was rebuilt buy a local guy using a rebuild kit and some other misc parts like the corvette servo.. not sure what other parts exactly.

What may be going on?

It's your heart broken motor reaching out for the 700r4 that was to be hooked up to it. Good news is that it is sitting in my garage if needed. Sorry that you are having problems.

John
 

jwaller

Evil Genius/SyTy Guru
Re: 700R4 acting funny

I hope he didnt charge you for the corvette servo bc the syty's have them already.

As for whats wrong with it; there's no telling. whatever it is is going to require you to pull it and go thru it again so it really doesn matter what it is.

could be anything from stuck valves in the VB to broken sprag, reaction shaft or low fluid.
 

Beavis

Still plays with trucks
Re: 700R4 acting funny

I told you that trans wasn't gonna last through your WOT tuning... :rotf:

Good luck with it, or just buy Johns. It's a fresh one...
 

boost

Member
Re: 700R4 acting funny

change the fluid and filter. when you pull the pan see if the filter is sittting level. thought my trans was shot, was doing what yours is doing. filter was hanging unlevel. changed filter and made sure it was in real good. trans is doing just fine now. filter and fluid...25 dollars. good luck.
 

epix

Typhoon
Re: 700R4 acting funny

i checked the fluid, it was pretty low and added an entire quart before it would register on the dipstick.. it was leaking slightly from where the governor plate? was from what my stepdad told me a month back.

Adding the fluid didn't change anything, I'll check the filter this weekend.
 
Top