3 Bar map sensor?

dreamen

New member
I have the 2 bar pitbull chip right now. I have purchased a 3 bar map sensor out of a turbo trans am. Can I install the 3 bar map sensor and still leave the pitbull chip in until I get my 3 bar chip?
 

Tooky

Serious about performance
No, it will run like dung. Keep the 2-bar chip matched with the 2-bar MAP until you have the 3-bar chip ready, and only then install the 3-bar MAP.
 

InvisiBill

Active member
The way I understand it, the 2-bar and 3-bar sensors use the same range of output for their differing measurements. In other words, a maxed out 2-bar (14.7psi) will send the same signal as a maxed out 3-bar (29.4psi). In any case, a 3-bar reading 14.7psi will not send the same signal as a 2-bar reading 14.7psi, so the ECM won't be seeing the correct boost readings.
 
Top