2nd gear chirp

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Most of the time when I go WOT, my 1-2 shift chirps 2nd gear (it not a big chirp). I thought it might be due to my all season tires, but it still chirps with the new performance tires. Does anyone else Sy do this? My tranny is the original one, unrebuilt and I probably running high 12's. I would like to think its because the tranny shifts nice hard and the engine has so much torque. I wonder if its a sign of something wrong with the T-Case, the t-case does work in some capacity as evident by 1.8 60's with the all season tires.
 

Don W.

Stab it and steer it
Re: 2nd gear chirp

Just FYI I’m running Michelin Pilot XCTs. If I leave the air pressure up (32 or so) I can get 2nd gear meat frairly often. Pressure down for racing then it depends. On what I haven’t figured it out yet. Prolly my crummy ability to launch correctly.:rotf:
 

ed hess

race or get outta the way
Re: 2nd gear chirp

hey dave

you just keep chirpin 2nd gear and i guarantee you it will eventually stop on it own.

ed
 

myclone

Donating Member
Re: 2nd gear chirp

Mine never got any scratch on the 1-2 when it was stock but I was running the rock hard firebricks too it may have been a case of the tires just being to hard/stiff to make any noise.

1-2 shift is pretty damn hard in a healthy stock trans and with the right tires (read: newer than mine were) IMO you could get a little squawk(sp?) out of them.

Dont back the tv cable off more than a click or two if you go that route BTW. If youre not chirping the tires then the clutches in the trans are slipping more to absorb the shift so be aware of the possible outcome if you soften it up more than slightly even in a stock-ish truck.
 
Top