1932 Dodge

Alteredego

New member
I'm working on a 1932 Dodge Sedan. It's a long time project that may be completed in the next month or two. When I got it it had a 305 SBC and 350 Trans, horrible, borderline dangerous front end, rusty floor pans, rats nest wiring, and uncomfortable seats. The paint was a teal color. My wife wanted did not want me to go through the extra expence of swapping out the drivetrain, untill she started driving my '93 Typhoon and found out how much fun the forced induction 6 can be. I bought an engine and transmission for a member here out of a '91 Sy. I gathered a couple of Super 60 turbos and some headers, some Vortec heads and had the engine rebuilt. The engine now has a cryo'd crank and block, ProGram 4 bolt mains, H-beam rods, SRP pistons, stage 3 Vortec heads with 2.02/ 1.94 valves, Scorpion roller rockers, and a semi aggressive cam. The chassis now has a triangulated 4-link, air bags on all four corners, mustang II with 11" disc brakes, and front and rear sway bars. The seats are out of a 2007 Benz that were cut down to fit the narrow body. The issue I'm having right now is the turbos, I dont have enough room in the engine bay for the turbos and piping so I forced to either go with rear or mid mount turbos, or go with a Weiand 142 blower which I have sitting on a bench now. Mike at RENZ Fab and I have spoken about a custom adapter/ intake to fit the low profile 142 blower on the motor. He has been extreemly helpful in helping me get this done. Once the blower is on the motor I can then get the fuel injection set up on and start designing a air intake for it. The builder told me that he fabbed some pins for the sides of the engine compartment so I can either run it with them or without and still use the hood. I'm excited to see what this combo will do. The car will max out at about 2600-2800LBS I've got all of the pulley combos with the blower and the Ty transmission is set up with a 9/11 TQ converter. I'm swapping to 3.55s in the rear end in hopes it will get better traction than the 3.73s that were in there.
Just thought I'd post up some pics of the project and get some ideas from people here with some tips and tricks.
 
Last edited:

warmpancakes

New member
Re: 1932 Dodge

ugh put a Mopar in a Mopar no cross breeding but sounds like a neat project, also who had a 91 typhoon?
 

Alteredego

New member
Re: 1932 Dodge

I had two Hemi motors a 354 and a 271, one was for the 1932 sedan, and the other was for my 1996 dodge ram pace truck. Both motors were too wide once all the accessories were bolted on. I sold them both and bought a 6-71 blown 572 BBC with 300 shot of N2O for the truck and the typhoon set up for the '32. Not to mention their are way more parts out there for the chevy motors. I'd still be looking for parts to make the hemis work and be half broke.
For everyday drivers these are the motors to have, I've done the homework and fell into all the pitfalls. I'll have pics today of the '32 project, I need to go to the shop and check the progress of the paint today.
 

Jimmy

Banned
Re: 1932 Dodge

Just get some stock Sy/Ty manifolds.They put the turbo right beside the A/C compressor. Plenty of room,it would prolly fit in a Chevette.
 
Top