Recent content by Deuce

  1. D

    Engine shuts off while driving

    tranny....Lets hope not. But when you but these trucks, hope is one thing you definitly need...along with cash, time, and patience. re the ecm, I got a core deposit back on it. sorry. enjoy the rest of the w/e.
  2. D

    Engine shuts off while driving

    It was the ecm. Swapped it out with a good unit a few times as well as swapped out the chip a few times. all connectins were fine. definitely the ecm. ordered one from GM, put it in, no problemo. a rare problem i would guess, but at least that ones over. what's next?
  3. D

    Engine shuts off while driving

    I was thinking the same thing (no power to ECM). I'll get the grounds first and work my way back through all the connections to the unit. Maybe hit them all with some silicon spray while I'm at it. I HATE electrical problems!!!!!
  4. D

    Engine shuts off while driving

    My Ty completely shut off while driving yest (very dangerous I might add) and wouldn't start. All the electrical worked fine but the engine wouldn't start again. Interestingly, I did notice I wasn't getting a check engine light when I put the key in the "on" position. After sitting a while and...
  5. D

    Ty shut off while driving

    My Ty completely shut off while driving yest (very dangerous I might add) and wouldn't start. All the electrical worked fine but the engine wouldn't start again. Interestingly, I did notice I wasn't getting a check engine light when I put the key in the "on" position. After sitting a while...
  6. D

    Anyone using the ATR Battery relocation/cold air intake?

    I have both sitting in the corner of my kitchen. Came as part of an ATR stage 2 kit. I'm having too many other problems getting this thing running correctly that I'm abandoning the upgrade for now. You can have them real cheap if your interested. Deuce sunandsuds@snet.net
  7. D

    Not the check valves

    Thanks. I'll tinker around with it again today. It drives fine, but it's something I'd like to get taken care of. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
  8. D

    Not the check valves

    Well I just replaced both check valves and no change. I'm still getting the same hissing on acceleration and decceleration. A/C is still switching to floor on acceleration. I'm also getting a very noticable "flapping" noise from up by the aircleaner (K&N type) or air can upon decceration. Is...
  9. D

    Update on Hissing Sound Need more help

    Thanks. I'll go to the dealer and buy both valves (or more) and tackle it over the w/e.
  10. D

    Update on Hissing Sound Need more help

    When I'm driving with the A/C on (norm or max) the air comes out the dash vents as it's supposed to. However, When I accelerate, I hear a hissing sound and the air diverts to the floor vents. When the engine decelerates, the hissing comes back and the air reverts back to the dash vents. The...
  11. D

    Chatter from rear window

    A little silicone spray on the latch and some armorall on the weather stripping and it's fixed.....for the time being! Thanks
  12. D

    Chatter from rear window

    Thanks. Another project to add to the list!
  13. D

    Chatter from rear window

    I'm getting an annoying chatter from my rear window. If I slam it close very hard, it goes away....but only for a while. Any ideas on a fix?
  14. D

    Hissing sound: vacuum leak?

    Thanks, I'll check it out this weekend.
  15. D

    Hissing sound: vacuum leak?

    I'm getting a hissing sound from behind the dashboard (sounds like somewhere behind the radio) when I accelerate. Starts off quiet but increases as I accelerate. It does stop when I the truck gets going and the boost lets off but then immediately starts again when I let off the gas and the...
Top